The Door Leaf – your gateway to style and security
The Door Leaf: Your Gateway to Style and Security is a compelling blog post topic that combines both aesthetic appeal and the concept of safety. Here at Secure House, the door leaf is a key component of every type of door, be it internal or external, that has the ability to offer a harmonious blend of visual elegance and robust protection.
Here is our guide to the door leaf and how to ensure it delivers both style and security in your new build, refurbishment or renovation project!
What is a door leaf?
A door leaf is essentially what the majority of people refer to as a door. As such, if we were to be technical about things, the door leaf is only one single part of the door itself. The door leaf is actually the main panel of a door that opens and closes. It does not include items such as door furniture i.e. door knob or handle, knocker, hinges or a letterbox.
The core material of a door leaf is where the differentiation begins since doors can be made and constructed using a variety of materials and finished in different colours and include additions such as glazed panels. However, the single panel of the door will always be classed at the door leaf.
It is worth noting that all types of door, including fire rated doors, front doors and security doors consist of a leaf sitting inside a door frame.
Style and security rolled into one
- High end doors: when it comes to achieving an overall look and feel of luxury, a high-end door leaf made from premium material, such as a specific wood including walnut or oak, will deliver that highly sought-after aesthetic. A luxury door leaf will deliver a stylish door that has the ability to enhance the overall look of a room or a building while providing top-notch security.
- Security solutions: in many cases, advanced security features can be integrated into doors and the door leaf itself can be manufactured to provide unrivalled levels of security using premium steel or aluminium which is both light and strong. A door leaf could also feature items such as smart locks, biometric access control, and other reinforced materials.
- Door accessories: for the ultimate in door leaf style, the inclusion of luxurious door furniture is an absolute must-do. Such top-end accessories that complement doors, include designer handles or door knockers and highly decorative glass inserts.
- Smart home integration: selecting the right door leaf when creating a smart home will showcase that the door has been chosen to serve as a stylish and secure entry point to a technologically advanced living space.
- Architectural design: architects and designers will more than understand the need to specify the perfect door leaf for the project. The door leaf selection will underline their commitment to creating entrances that blend seamlessly – and stylishly – with the overall aesthetics of a building while prioritizing safety.
- Renovation or refurbishment: when it comes to renovation or refurbishment of a property, changing the door leaf of each door in the home will support the transformation and ensure standard entryway is converted into a stylish and secure focal point.
If you’d like to find out more about using the door leaf to add style and security to your property, please don’t hesitate to contact any of the Secure House team on 0207 859 4207 [email protected]