Side Hinged Garage Doors
Side Hinged Garage Doors by Secure House are the most advanced garage door solution on the market today. All the materials that go into our products are the very best available. Our doors are the marriage of artistic design with technical know-how. Check all garage doors here →
200+ Door designs to choose from
Choose from nearly 200 standard side hinged garage door designs, or supply your own design.
If you’re not sure about what design option to go with, consider the following factors:
- Materials – side hinged garage doors are typically manufactured from either wood, aluminium or steel, with each material featuring a unique set of aesthetic, durability and security characteristics.
- Size – the goal when installing any type of garage door is to ensure a seamless fit. Consider the size of the opening, as well as the structure of the garage itself to find the best design solution for your property.
- Aesthetics – every owner wants their property to have a pleasant, impressive look, regardless of what purpose the garage is used for. When considering a door design, evaluate whether you want to go for a modern or more traditional look, your preferred colour options, etc.
- Security – a garage acts as storage for many valuable goods and is often directly connected to the rest of the property through an interior garage door as well. To prevent any possibility of a break-in or theft, bespoke security measures have to be considered and implemented.
Here at Secure House, security is our top priority for every product, which is why our garage doors feature measures like ballistic door frames, reinforced hinges, multipoint locking mechanisms, etc.
After you evaluate your main priorities, we suggest consulting our team of experts to help you come to a final decision.
An option which offers plenty of convenience
Side hinged garage doors are valued as a great alternative to up and over, sliding or even sectional doors as they offer a unique set of advantages for property owners.
They are first of all, a popular choice among those that want to maximize the interior space of their garage , which is made possible thanks to the outwards opening mechanism that such doors feature, with no intrusion to the inside.
Also, since they operate as any regular door would, quick and easy access to the garage is possible, perfect in those settings where goods move in and out of the garage often.
How does a set of side hinged garage doors operate?
Side hinged garage doors feature two solid door leaves hinged at the sides and connected to the door frame, operating like any other regular door.
They don’t have any tracks, roller, cables or other such mechanisms and they offer a whole range of different benefits and a unique combination of tried and tested traditional performance and stylish, modern design options.
Side hinged garage doors have been utilized for decades and are one of the most simple, easy to operate types of garage door still in widespread use today.
Below we list the key benefits of such doors.
Main benefits of side hinged garage doors
- Quick and easy access – a side hinged garage door design simplifies access to the property since it opens like any regular set of doors. Thanks to door stays, the leaf stays open at a certain angle even if you don’t open the doors fully, providing even more convenience.
- Maximum space – a side hinged door is the perfect choice for smaller property owners seeking to maximize the interior space of their garage, especially beneficial in cases where there’s limited head room.
- Durability – side hung garage doors are far simpler from a technical standpoint than many other door options. With fewer moving parts that can malfunction and good quality materials, these doors will last for many years to come.
- Bespoke security – garage doors are often the main point of entry for burglars and intruders, which is why proper security measures are necessary to keep valuables and/or people safe. A side hinged garage door can be easily customized to feature the most advanced security options on the market.
- Cost-effectiveness – finally, side hinged doors are also considered to be one of the most cost-effective garage door solutions out there, making it the ideal choice for those that want cheap new doors for their garage.
We construct our hinged garage doors using double skin sections
Our side hinged garage doors are all made-to-order and constructed using double skins steel sections that are filled with PU foam.
This provides superb heat and noise insulation and a tubular rubber seal from the leaf to the steel frame delivers a draft-free, watertight perimeter to protect everything you store inside your garage from any outdoor elements.
Every frame on our side hinged doors is manufactured using 2mm think steel for extra strength, safety and security.
An additional layer of zinc and powder coating offers better weather and operational protection as well.
Using only the highest quality components, the door leaves are fitted to the frame with aluminium alloy hinges which feature a roller bearing to provide effortless opening and closing.
Each hinge is also adjustable, a feature which ensures the door maintains its shape and form irrespective of how often it is used.
Customizable design features to suit any taste
We are able to make bespoke side hinged doors to fit any garage door opening with a maximum size of 10 feet wide and 10 feet high, but we also have the ability to make much larger doors if required, just ask!
Our standard doors have a 50/50 or custom split and can be made with a left- or right-hand leaf opening first to suit individual requirements.
Bi-folding leaves are also available to accommodate garages located on a short or sloping driveway.
When it comes to designs, finishes and colours, as with the majority of our product ranges, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
We can also manufacture replica doors to replace any existing, traditional doors, a service that is imperative if you live in a conservation area and are required to maintain original design.
With 14 different section designs that can be painted in any RAL or BS colour you select, you can create a side hinged garage door to suit your own style.
Surfaces can also be painted to create a metallic or gloss finish and stainless steel windows added to one door to further enhance the exterior appearance of your garage.
Easy to maintain and available with a whole host of options and accessories, side hinged doors with glazed panels are perfect, not only for garages, but as opening solutions for workshops and offices too as they let daylight in and keep the weather out! Practical, stylish, aesthetically pleasing and proven, side hinged garage doors are here to stay.